Saturday 30 January 2010

Walks: Mon. Feb. 1 and Wed. Feb. 3

Hardy pioneer stock; that's what we're made of. Give ourselves 100 extra points for turning up. Note the cloud of frosty breath here. And, in keeping with the northern theme, note we have two more bound for Reykjavik: Eva and Cheryl. The Shore Things rock!

Monday and Wednesday we carry on carrying on with 6K distances. The start times are 7 pm as usual. Wear your lights, and be extra conscious of traffic.

At this time of year, each day is about 2.5 minutes longer than the day before, but we still have a way to go before we get those sunlit evenings. Be safe.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be doing Monday, I MAY be doing Wednesday from Shoppers.
I am aware that by mid-May I will have to give up the rest of my life to train. Can't believe I'm doing another half, having sworn off them for ever. However, it's only because it's in Iceland.........

Olwyn said...

Bravo to you brave souls in the frosty air! I won't be out this week again, due to the #@!$%&^ opera rehearsals and performances, but wish a good week to all! Olwyn

debbie said...

Kudos to those who turned out Saturday...in my case, the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak (not to mention cold!).

I do hope to see everyone this coming Saturday, High Park sounds cool!

Debbie

Helen said...

Just confirming that I won't be out tonight... over at Campbell House on Queen looking at the garden. Maybe if I walk briskly around it about a zillion times that'll do for a walk.

Jan, are we still walking Tuesday morning?

Anonymous said...

I will be there tonight (Wed)...anyone else?
Sheila

Helen said...

Sorry, Bob & I won't be out at Shoppers tonight after all -- our daughter's dance show is this evening (and not, as I'd thought, on Friday).

Anyone interested in walking Thursday, early morning or evening?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Looks like no one else is going to be there, and I'm so late getting home from work I'm going to cancel. See you next time,
Sheila