Tuesday 19 January 2010

Walk: Wed. Jan. 20 @ Shoppers


This week is Doc Soup, so the Wednesday crowd will be thin on the ground. Please sign in if you're coming. The distance is 6K – we'll change it up again in February.

Robbie Burns plans: Lou-Ann and Dawn will drop off race kits at my house on Friday, unless you'd prefer to make other arrangements – let me know. (Here we are smiling last year.)

Driving: We should leave our house at 7:30 on Sunday. I have only three ride requests – from Ruth, Lynne and Alexis. There's room for 2-3 more. I get nervous when people don't ask me for rides! Please don't leave it to chance, as there isn't much space for parking at the race start.

FYI: seven Shore Things are going to Reykjavik! Arlene, Bob, Helen & Ruth are doing the full, and Charlotte, Dawn & Sharon (& Miko?) are doing the half. Anyone else out there? I'm absolutely blown away that there are so many of us!

Also, for my 20th half marathon, I'd like to finally do the Cincinnati Flying Pig on May 2nd. How about that 3D piggie medal, gang?

Finally, a couple of people have written to express interest in the Twenty Valley Wine Country Half on June 12th, which we've had on our race radar for a while. There's also half relay, a 10K event and a 4K stroll! Seems they've shifted the race start to 3 pm to avoid some of the heat that was challenging last year. Wine is served at some of the aid stations, but you have to step off the course to sample it. I'm sure that would slow us down for a half, but it might be a fun 10K event.

Declare, declare! And have a safe walk.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Bob & I will be at Hot Docs (oops, almost made an embarrassing typo!). We might be out on Saturday for a short walk. If not, see the racers on Sunday morning, bright and early.

Jan said...

Cincinnati is an 8-hour drive - suggested routes through detroit or Sarnia then down I75.

I could be tempted - just have to check the date wiht other obligations

Anybody interested?

Anonymous said...

I'd consider both Cincinnati (drive doesn't sound appealing)& Twenty Valley. Let me turn on the motivation button here...that might help me decide.

Susan

P Dawn said...

Is anybody going to be at Shopper's tonight?
Sheila?
I might come if I know who is going to be there and if the weather permits.
Looks like warm weather for the Robbie Burns - huge change from last year.

Anonymous said...

I could be tempted by the flying pig and the wine tour. Will not be out this evening. The drive to Cincinnati might be fun and my kids said they might come for the fun. Surely these can't be my children! Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Just did my 6 km walking home from midtown, so won't be out tonight. See you Sunday.
Sheila

Olwyn said...

Hi All, I have to work late tonight, so I won't be out for our walk. Am feeling much better, thanks to some good meds from my doctor, I'm glad to report! Hope to be back out on the roads again soon! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

Helen,
Do you have room for 1 ride (Sheila) to Robbie Burns and back, and 1 ride (Louann) back. I offered Louann a ride home (she has a ride there), but would prefer not to travel alone, or take my car if it's not necessary.

If your car is full I can take two more. Just let me know when you can. Either way, I'll rendezvous at your place Sunday morning.

Thanks,
Sheila