Thursday 21 January 2010

Walk: Sat. Jan. 23 @ Tim's & Robbie Burns 8K


We'll have a large group wearing tartan sarongs at Sunday's race, but some of us will be out for a walk on Saturday. Like last week on the Spit, the distance is 8K, but you decide how much or how little you want to do.

Speaking of which, the woman I will from now on be calling Goddess Eva of Excel has created spreadsheet schedules for most of our upcoming races. These are now posted on the blog, including one master (or mistress) sheet including pretty much all our big races thus declared, other than those in early spring. Check them out! Eva, we worship at your shrine.

We've made transportation plants, and I believe Dawn and Lou-Ann are dropping the race kits off at our place on Friday. I'll bring them to Tim's on Saturday. If this is inconvenient for you, let me know. If you can't pick them up before the race, I'll bring them with us. One way or another, see you soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be walking Saturday morning. Looking forward to that.

RE: the flying pig. Not going after all. It is the weekend of the documentary film festival here in Toronto for which I already have tickets. Surely that's a good enough excuse?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to be at Tim's in the morning so I can pick up my race kit then. Thanks Helen and all for organizing the trip......happy friday! alexis

Barbara said...

We will be at Tim's in the morning. Thank you Dawn and Lou-Ann.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dawn and Louann for the pick up. I won't be out tomorrow, but will be at Helen's at 7:30 on Sunday.

Sounds like it's going to be a wet one...what a difference a year makes!
Sheila

Olwyn said...

Best of luck to all ye wee walkies in thee Robbie Burns 8k!
I won't be out Saturday, or next week, due to the !@#$%^& opera, but will be out soon...with hope!
Olwyn

Trish said...

I think I finally figured out how to get logged in again. Anxiously awaiting photos of everyone wrapped in their instakilts. Hope you had a good day for your race. Found a reat place for hill training if anyone wants to join me!