Sunday 17 January 2010

Walk: Mon. Jan. 18 @ Loblaws


Monday, we'll continue with our 6K distance for January – unless you know your training schedule asks you to go further.

We have so many people training for so many different events this year, I'm going to ask you all to take responsibility for knowing your own distance. Generic race schedules are posted on the blog. Print up a copy, and pull out your calendar, then slot in your distances, starting backwards from the race date.

Marg and Rainer tell me they're already doing that in prep for the Chilly Half. Here's their latest report:
Margie and I are back from a tough week of training in Los Cabos, Mexico, for the Robbie Burns on Jan 24th. Daily power walks on the beach was our goal. As you can tell by the picture Margaret was dressed in full Shore Things training gear. Walking on the beach was tough (barefoot) on the legs (as the sand was soft) but after all those Margaritas it was needed to clear the head in the morning.
That's hard core, guys! Robbie Burns is on Sunday. Let's start thinking about car pooling. If you need a ride, reply to this email. And have a great walk on Monday.

5 comments:

Helen said...

A reminder that I won't be walking on Monday night (but walk Tuesday morning, instead). Also, this is a Hot Docs week, so we won't be out on Wednesday, either. Unsure whether we'll be out on Saturday as well as Sunday... TBD. Have a great walk.

Bob said...

Tough week for me as well. I have a job thing tonight, so I'll walk on my own at work. Also at Hot Docs but hope to meet Arlene and Libby at Sherwood Park. C U on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone..I won't be out tonight
...instead I'll be walking home from work after my yoga class.....
I tried responding to the email Helen but it didn't go through? I would love to catch a ride on Sun. for Robbie Burns........Nice pic Margie...you look very relaxed! Alexis

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out tonight.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight either, hope to see you Wednesday.
Sheila