Tuesday 24 November 2009

Walk: Wed. Nov. 25 @ Shoppers

If we're very good girls and boys, the rain will be over with for our 6K on Wednesday at 7 pm. See you in our usual spot.

Please remember to send me your t-shirt/vest orders (with sizing). I will have samples to try on again this Saturday. Calendar and book orders will be going in soon, too. If we have six more calendars, we'll qualify for the 10% discount, so let me know if you've been hanging back.

Now we interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this important social message from Olwyn and Eileen:

We thought it would be lovely to have a final Pre-Christmas Brunch, after the walk from Tim's on Saturday December 19th. Eileen is happy to make a reservation for about 20 people (we can adjust the numbers if needed nearer the time) for 9:30 am at Edward Levesque's restaurant (to be confirmed) near Queen and Leslie. If our walk is an 8k, this should work out fine; and people can leave their cars in the parking lots at Tim's or Loblaws.

Oh ~ and let's ask everyone to wear something red and/or sparkly, to celebrate the season!! (I'm sure Bob, Ian, David and Rainer have something sparkly they can show off.....!)

Please show your interest in the comments section. Olwyn and Eileen will be organizing this (thanks, gals!), so you could also send your ayes or nays directly to them. Check the Shore Things directory for their coordinates. As a last resort, reply to this email, and I'll forward the message on. Cheers and cheerio!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brunch on the 19th sounds nice....count me in and thanks for organizing! I'll be out on Wed. nite. alexis

Olwyn said...

Hi Helen,
Thanks for putting out our message; looks good! And a reminder that I'd like a small t-shirt instead of a medium; thanks. Planning to be out tomorrow night; see everyone then, Olwyn

Olwyn said...

Helen, beautiful, and appropriate, photograph!

P Dawn said...

what a stunning photograph, Helen. Thanks.
I won't be at Shopper's on Wednesday evening, and I'd love to do the pre-Christmas brunch on Sat 19th - even if I don't do the walk first.

debbie said...

Hi all,

Gary and I are in for the pre-Christmas brunch.

Sounds great!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Won't be able to make the brunch on Dec 19th... will be in jolly ole blighty for Christmas. Have fun.
Helen, I would like a small t-shirt and a calendar.
Thanks everso.
Hope to be out tomorrow, but have a late appointment from work.

Lynne

Jan said...

count me in for brunch on the 19th-I never miss an opportunity for food!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Eileen

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tonight, but hope to be out Saturday. And brunch on the 19th sounds great.
Sheila

Barbara said...

Thank you for the brunch idea. Ian and I will be there.
I am not sure if I will make it tonight as I have a number of things running late at work. So don't wait for me but I may be there.
I will be out on Sat.
Barbara

Helen said...

I will be there tonight unless it is actively raining.

Definitely count Bob & I in for the 19th. We might want to double check the opening time for Edward Levesque -- last time we were there, I think it opened a bit later in the day.

Libby said...

Count me in for brunch on the 19th
Libby