Tuesday 27 October 2009

Walk: Wed. Oct. 28 @ Shoppers

Remember to put your best foot forward, and wear reflective clothing, and your night lights – when we set the clocks back this weekend, the evenings will seem even darker.

Wednesday is an easy peasy 5K. Come out and join us, starting at 7 pm.

For the Hamilton racers, as I haven't sorted out who will be picking up our kits, please email your confirmations to me – I'll forward them to the right person.

RSVPs still being eagerly awaited for our Nov. 14th party. If I haven't said so before, it will be pot luck. We have fun things planned that you won't want to miss. Speaking of which...

Volunteers needed for the Cocktail Committee. This message from Olwyn:
We have to get together as the Cocktail Committee, the week after next, to 'design' a new autumn cocktail for the Nov 14th party. If anyone else wants to join the CC, let us know; we'll probably meet at Jawny Bakers either Monday Nov 9 or Tues Nov 10, to taste-test a few possibilities; it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it......!
Happy birthday this week to Stacey, and to our other Pat. May your day be filled with joy.

Plus, an advance plea to everyone doing anything this weekend: Tune up your cameras to capture all those milestone! And I'm begging you, for gosh sake, someone please take a picture of Susan finishing that last 55K on the Bruce Trail. Susan, smile for that picture!

3 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out on Wednesday evening.
And, if I AM STILL STANDING at the end of Susans final leg of hiking, I'll try to remember to take a picture,
That means I'll have to remember to bring my camera......

Helen said...

Looks like the clouds won't be shaking their insides out for our walk tonight. I'll be out to blow out the brain cobwebs.

P Dawn said...

change of plan - too cold and damp for me. And by the sound of things I'm going to get a lot of both this coming weekend, so am passing on tonight at Shopper's