Thursday 29 October 2009

Walks: Weekend of Oct. 31/Nov. 1

It was a bit of a milestone walk last night: the last Wednesday training walk of the last half marathon of 2009... unless you know something I don't know.

This weekend, Shore Things will be walking all over the place. Susan and her supporters will be shutting down the Bruce Trail End-to-End over Friday, Saturday and Sunday completing her last 55 of the full 885 kilometres. Under the circumstances, that word deserves to be written out in full. Dawn, I'm counting on you for that finishing line shot of you-know-who.

On Sunday, Arlene, Libby and Ruth will be doing the Angus Glen Half, while tireless couple Marg & Rainer can't resist doing another 10K. Please take pictures!

In Hamilton, Alexis, Barbara, Bob, Fiona, Helen, Jan and Sheila will be heading downhill on the Road2Hope Half. (On that last point, Barbara will be picking up race kits, so Bob, Fiona and Jan please forward her your confirmation before Friday. Fiona, I'll be picking you up Sunday and will give you a call. Our ETD from here is 6 am.)

There will still be a walk from Tim's on Saturday at 8 am, and as it's Hallowe'en maybe our walkers will be wearing something fun. Who knows! May the rain gods be kind to all of us.

Have a great weekend. (And, because nagging is a specialty, don't forget to RSVP to me for our Nov. 14th pot luck celebration -- simply reply to this message.)

5 comments:

Olwyn said...

Good luck to all our weekend walkers; may you have fun! I won't be out Saturday morning, but I'll be in touch with Helen, after her half (GO HELEN GO!), to co-ordinate the opera night next Thursday. Best to all, Olwyn

Anonymous said...

To all the walkers in events this weekend - have a great time and enjoy the day!

I plan to be out on Saturday.
Eileen

Helen said...

Note about the Opera -- there are now two $32.90 tickets available for the Nov. 5th show of Nightingale. You've seen the great reviews. Please contact me asap (that's asap) if you're interested in taking one or both. Thanks.

Have a great walk, everyone!

Lou-Ann said...

Provided it is not pouring rain I will be out on Saturday, not sure if you will recoginize me though!

Good luck to all the energetic "Shore Things" folks on the weekend!

Fiona said...

I have picked up my Hamilton race packet. I needed to get a birthday gift at the Expo so I was killing two birds with one stone. Good luck to all those finishing (both races and End to Ends) this final weekend. Of the next three days, only Sunday is without showers according to the weather watchers.

I'll see you all on Nov. 14 as I am now RSVPing.

Fiona