Monday 26 October 2009

Walk: Mon. Oct. 26 @ Loblaws

How many beautiful fall days like yesterday will we have (Saturday along the boardwalk was very nice, too)?! Let's enjoy while we can.

Monday's walk is a taper for the Nov. 1st crowd: 6K. See you 7ish.

Please remember to RSVP for our Nov. 14th party. Simply reply to this message, and say if you'll be one or more. Partners welcome!

Hamilton race plans: We have offers from Fiona and Barbara to pick up race kits for the Hamilton race. Just working that out now. Is anyone else thinking of kit pick-up? Also, car pooling: we're happy to be the bus. Last shuttle for the half marathon leaves Confederation Park at 7:50 am for the 8:30 race start, so we should leave here around 6 am, as we might be making a stop along the way. Clocks go back an hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning, so that's not as dire as it sounds. Full details to be confirmed later.

Angus Glen race plans: Let me know, guys, if you need anything posted.

If you're registered for other races this year, please keep me in the loop. I try to keep on top of details, but there are so many details to keep on top of! There might be others who would want to join you, or assist you, if they knew about your plans.

Fees go up on Nov. 1st for the Resolution 5K; then on Nov. 5th for the Santa Shuffle 5K, which some of our group have done for the last few years. And don't forget, there's still time to get a bunch of us in Santa suits for the Santa Jingle 5K which happens on Dec. 12th. Fees don't rise till the end of November... but they might run out of suits. I'm just saying...

10 comments:

Olwyn said...

Hi Helen and All, I've signed up for the Resolution Run, and I believe I'm doing the Santa Shuffle as a member of the Manore family (I'm that strange cousin!)
I will be a the party on the 14th; and I may or may not be out tonight; depends on how today goes. I won't be out Wed or Sat this week, alas. Hope everyone has a good week of walking; and Helen, that's a gorgeous autumn photo! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone,
I've been MIA but trying my best to catch up on my own.....hopefully I make it out tonite! alexis

Anonymous said...

John and I will be there for the 14th. Unfortuately I can't make it this Wed but plan to be there for Saturday.
Good luck to the Nov 1st Crowd!
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I will be there tonight.
See you at 7,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I will be there tonight, and at the Nov.14th Party.
Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Ditto Barb's previous comment(s).
Lynne

P Dawn said...

not tonight - but i have signed up for Resolution. And i hear a rumour that I might be part of a family for the Santa Shuffle.
And I'm attending the annual planning event on 14th.
BEAUTIFUL PICTURE, again, Helen.

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tonight (Monday) but will be out on Saturday. Paul and myself will be at the end of year party at Michelle and Jame's place.

Pre Happy Birthday to Stacey on the 28th.

debbie said...

Utterly gorgeous photo, Helen!

I'll be at the potluck Nov.14, and my friend Gary will come as well. Thanks to Michelle and James for offering their home!

Debbie

Olwyn said...

Happy Birthday to Stacey!! And we have to get together as the Cocktail Committee, the week after next, to 'design' a new autumn cocktail for the Nov 14th party. If anyone else wants to join the CC, let us know; we'll probably meet at Jawny Bakers either Monday Nov 9 or Tues Nov 10, to taste-test a few possibilities; it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it......!