Thursday 22 October 2009

Walk: Sat. Oct. 24 @ Tim's

First, let me congratulate Ruth on her Toronto Half Marathon finish with a chip time of 2:35:36. Ruth, I didn't even know you were doing this event, or would have wished you luck. Clearly, you didn't need it. Wow!

This Saturday, weather permitting, Neville Park might be our turnaround for a 10K walk. Let's just see what nature brings us.

And mark your calendar for the annual Shore Things Party, the evening of Saturday, November 14th. It will be pot luck, at James' and Michelle's home-with-a-view on the waterfront. More details to come. Please let me know if you can make it.

I'll have Opera tickets on Saturday for those going to see Nightingale. The reviews have been excellent. Here's what John Terauds wrote in the Toronto Star:
"[B]reathtaking—both theatrically and musically. This has to be the most enchanting work for the musical stage to hit Toronto in years. There are not many seats left for the eight-performance run, so grab them while you can, even if you think that opera is not really your thing."
Sheila, if you still have Turtle Lights to distribute, will you have them on Saturday? Phew. That's a lot to remember. Is it any wonder I sometimes feel like I have scrambled brains.

10 comments:

P Dawn said...

sorry I won't be able to join you on Saturday,but am off to Ottawa for the weekend.

Olwyn said...

Nice photo, Helen (!) I'm hoping to join you Sat a.m., but if I'm not there by 8am, please don't wait; I'll be working until 11:00pm the night before. I will be at the Shore Things party; wouldn't miss it! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have turtle lights for Lynne and I will there Saturday.

I am also looking forward to the Shore Things party.

FYI P.Dawn and I had a lovely 6k last night.

Sheila

debbie said...

If it's not raining, I'll be there at 8 am for 10 k.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I plan to be there. Lou Anne are you going too?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name - I'm "anonymous" aka Eileen

Anonymous said...

Not so sure about tomorrow's walk after all (grandson minding). I'll have the lights with me Monday if I don't make it out tomorrow morning.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

If it's raining like today I won't be there - I know - there's no bad weather just.....
Eileen

Helen said...

I'm hoping that the weather reports are right, and that the worst of the weather will be over tonight -- this wind and rain reminds me of something! So, unless it's a reprise of this evening, we'll be there at 8 am for 8-10K.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be there for 10K as long as the rain has disappeared. I will for sure be at the "Shore Things Party", thank you for hosting James and Michelle!