Thursday 15 October 2009

Walk: Sat. Oct. 17 @ Tim's

For the Nov. 1st racers, it's that last big push of our training, 18K. The entrance to Rosetta McClain Gardens is our turnaround... but who can resist a look at the view or fountain. It has been proposed that the long-distance walkers get an earlier start, at 7:30 am. Please voice your vote here.

For those not in training, the start time will be 8 am, as usual, and the distance will be the one of your choosing.

After Nov. 1st, we'll be in maintenance mode for the rest of 2009, which will mean 5-6K in the evenings and 8-10K on Saturdays. We'd love to see some of our long-lost walking buddies out again. It's also a good time to bring out new friends.

Light up the streets: FYI, Sheila is making a run (or walk) to Mountain Equipment Coop on Friday. If you'd like her to pick up some Turtle Lights for you, please reply to this email.

See you at Tim's or at Margy's New-40 party! And good luck to the unstoppable Marg & Rainer, who are doing the Cavan 10K on the morning of the celebration. Rainer, bring your dogbane.

8 comments:

debbie said...

It's going to be effing cold Saturday morning so it really doesn't matter what time we start!

But I do plan to be there for the long haul, even though I'm opting out of the Hamilton half. Would rather do my next in some hot spot this winter!

Cheers

Debbie

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tim's on Saturday at 8.00

Anonymous said...

I will be there on Sat at 7:30.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I will be there for the long haul at 7:30.

I will have turtle lights for those who ordered them (and one headband) with me. If you want them on Saturday, I'm assuming we (the 18kers) will be back at Tim's by 10:00. I will also be at Margy's B'day party that night and will bring them with me. But FYI, I'm not able to make it out Monday.

See you Saturday,
Sheila

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out on Saturday morning 8:00 (I'm a shortie). See everyhone then!

Olwyn said...

Hi Everyone, I won't be out on Saturday, but might be out on Monday night, depending on how long I have to stay at work. See you soon, with hope! Olwyn

Charlotte S said...

I will be suffering through a day long seminar on Saturday so will not be there. However, I will see whoever at Margy's 60/40 party.

Helen said...

We'll be there for 7:30, all bundled up and with gloves on.