Tuesday 13 October 2009

Walk: Wed. Oct. 14 @ Shoppers

Bob demonstrates the latest in cross-training -- or cross-country-training -- equipment. Simple to use. All you do is fill it up and empty it out. Twice. Plus fill a rented garbage bin. Plus fill an even larger charity truck. Plus innumerable bags for recycling. Plus sweep and clean. Plus use your pedal foot for 1,600+ kilometres. Oh, and I forgot to say, you must also eat lots of greasy fast food for the whole weekend.

I'm ready for a walk on Wednesday, even if it is 10K. You? Hope to see you at 7 pm. We'll be the blimpy-looking ones.

6 comments:

Olwyn said...

Nice equipment, Bob! Glad you're back safe and sound; and I'm sure Variety Village is very happy...
I won't be out Wednesday as I have to work that night; but I'll aim for Saturday morning. I may have a few excess pounds from Thanksgiving to walk off... Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be out to walk off my extra Thanksgiving poundage...two turkey dinners and some major snacking = 10k Wednesday night.

See you then,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I will also be out on Wednesday- I am mentally preparing for 10 km. See you then,
Barbara

P Dawn said...

I hope (expect) to be there. Anyone not training who might be out to walk with me? Eileen?

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight.
Dawn - how are you with 8k??

Eileen

P Dawn said...

yes, Eileen - 8k sounds fine to me.