Sunday 23 August 2009

Walk: Mon. Aug. 24 @ Loblaws

Hot, sweaty, proudly beribboned, relieved to have encountered no heavenly zigzags and happy to be at the finish line -- that's us after the Midsummer Night's 15K Walk last night.

Missing from the picture are our amazing Rainer, who finished 9th walker overall and first in his age category, and Arlene, another zippy age-category winner. Hooray, Shore Things! You can search for our results posted on the SportsStats Canada site.

An idea to float out for Saturday: We've been trying to hook up for a walk with our fellow group from midtown the Toronto Power Walkers. This Saturday, they will be walking on Toronto Island, finishing with brunch at The Rectory. We are invited to join them. Their plan is to catch the 7:30 am ferry to Ward's Island, and then set out on our various distances from there (ours will be 16K -- or whatever you choose). If you are interested, please let me know asap so we can determine our numbers and times for brunch.

Monday's walk is 8K, and the weather looks good for it. Hope to see you there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the finishers. Job well done!

I plan to be out Monday night, although it is my first day back at work, so don't wait for me if I'm not there by 7:00 pm.

Susan

P Dawn said...

Looks like it was quite the party! Congratulations to you all.
I won't be out on Monday or Wednesday evenings.
I'd like to wlk on Saturday, but don't think it will be at the island as I dread the thought of having to get to the 7.30 ferry.....
Anybody interested in a shorter wwalk on Saturday?

debbie said...

As Dawn said, that photo looks like you had quite a time! Congrats!

Re Walking Saturday on the island, I'm fine with it if most of the others are too...just a caveat --if the weather is rainy or even iffy, I'd pass on the island and stick to our familiar ground on the Beaches...more options there to bail if we need to....

Cheers,

Debbie

Charlotte S said...

I would be interested in Saturday from Tim's as usual, but would be open for the start time.

Anonymous said...

I am interested in joining the Island 16k/ Brunch on Sat. if it's still a go.....I'd be interested in a car pool to get down to the docks too......ag

Olwyn said...

Congrats to you Midsummer Night's Walkers ~ looks like it was lots of fun! I won't be out Wednesday night, and I'll also miss Saturday's walk, as I'm going to see 'The Scottish Play' in Stratford; hope to see you all again next Monday. Have a lovely week, Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I prefer Tim's at 8:00 is anyone else is interested. Cynthia