Tuesday 25 August 2009

Walk: Wed. Aug. 26 @ Shoppers

This is the week we prepare to bid bon voyage to our girl Trish. I don't know if she'll be coming out for a walk on Wednesday... perhaps she'll need to stretch her legs before that long plane trip? Our schedule calls for 10K, but there are plenty of other turnarounds. Our route map is at this link.

Today's big plaudit goes to Susan, who spent one of the hottest weeks of Summer 2009 hiking the Bruce Trail, including two, back-to-back 25K solo walks -- for a distance of about 160K over seven days. Wow and wow-wow-wow. Not only is that "you go, girl" but you have gone, girl!

About Saturday: Looks like there might be two groups, one at Tim's at 7:30 or 8 am (Dawn, Charlotte & Cynthia, state your preference), and one for the Islands (Helen, Bob, Susan, Lynne, Alexis -- and Debbie, unless it's raining).

Questions:
How do the other islanders feel about heading over, if the raincloud icon continues to hover over Saturday's forecast? If we do choose to go, do we want to catch the 8 am ferry instead, to better time our walk for a 11 am brunch? Your thoughts?

10 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to Susan....WOWZA!!! Well done; I hope to see your badges proudly displayed the next time we meet. Which won't be this Wednesday or Saturday (Sat I'm in Stratford seeing 'The Scottish Play'); but will be on Monday, with hope.
Wishing all a good weekend!
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I'm for the Island at 8am
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I would vote for an 8am ferry...however if there is the slightest chance there will be rain I will be heading for the gym instead!

Anonymous said...

That was me, Lynne

debbie said...

Congrats, Susan! Wow!

As of now, the weather forecast calls for rain Saturday (but what do they know?)
If it does rain, I'd prefer not to go to the island...and if it's raining in earnest, I'll pass on the Beaches too!

However, if the weather is okay and we do go to the island, I'm fine for the 8 am ferry.

Clear as mud?

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Ruth and Susan for the excellent hiking advise. I'm hoping/ planning to join the Level 1...Niagra Queenston on Oct. 10.
If anyone wants to join ....the Leader has suggested we show up at York Mills by 8:20 am. I'm excited! alexis

Helen said...

We'll be there tonight. See you at 7.

Anonymous said...

The island appeals to me, but not in the rain....not sure how to vote, given the forecast....not much help, I know.

Olwyn - no badges despite my effort..more kms to go! Enjoy Stratford.

susan

Lou-Ann said...

Wow good for you Susan!!! Not able to do a long walk on Saturday as I haven't been leading up to it so won't make the Island walk, would like to do that another time though. I will be joining the 8:00crew at Tim's. Enjoy your brunch at The Rectory, haven't eaten there before so love to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Correction......re: HIking.....I mentioned/ invited to join Hike on Oct. 10.....the meeting place is Islington Station....not York Mills. Alexis