Monday 22 June 2009

Walk: Wed. June 24 @ East Lynn Park (Raindate)

As we were rained out last week, let's give it another try, and meet at East Lynn Park (Danforth west of Woodbine) for 6K, followed by ice cream at Carter's. (Above we have the Kawartha Dairy founder, Mr. Crowe. Sir, you make great ice cream!)

A happy birthday shout-out to Dawn B. -- and, oops, a very belated one to Rebecca. Bec, we'd love to have you come out and walk with us, girl.

A reminder that the Beach Garden Tour is this Sunday, June 28, 1-5 pm. Norma still has tickets (they're just $10). Please contact her directly or reply to this email if you want some. I'll be going as early as possible if you'd like to walk round with me.

Question: is anyone doing the Canada Day 10K or the Nissan 10-Miler in July? Please let me know of your upcoming races.

5 comments:

Olwyn said...

Nice photo of Mr. Kawartha Dairy; I'm afraid I cannot say how many times I've dropped by Carter's Ice Cream; but I do heartily recommend the Moose Tracks and the Wolf Paws...! See you on Wed for the ice cream social....I mean, our walk.
Also, the Bay's Canada Day 10k isn't happening this year; too bad, as it was a fun one. Olwyn

Anonymous said...

it's too hot for me, even with the prospect of an ice cream at the end... see you on Saturday
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I may show for ice cream but not for walking. See you Saturday.
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Ice cream always calls my name, so even though it is Wednesday & I don't walk Wednesday (we all have our priorities), I think I'll come tonight...that's assuming I can find the park...not sure where to park...so many challenges with my life!
Susan

Helen said...

I'll be there for a walk or ice cream or both. See you at 7 pm.