Thursday 18 June 2009

Walk: Sat. June 20 @ Tim's

Pray the rain guys are wrong for our first official summer weekend walk. Let's make it 8K again. Hope to see you out, dressed for the weather. With luck, it'll be like it was last Saturday.

Happy birthday to Rainer. Our thoughts are with you and your family during your mother's illness.

Debbie, we're thinking of you, too. You know where we'll be when you're ready.

"O Day after day we can't help growing older.
Year after year spring can't help seeming younger.
Come let's enjoy our winecup today,
Nor pity the flowers fallen."
- Wang Wei, On Parting with Spring

6 comments:

Olwyn said...

Helen,
Such a beautiful poem; and a lovely sentiment.
Just letting you know that I won't be out in the morning, as I have to take Mum to an early (10am) doctor's appointment in Pickering. I will be having a Tim's coffee en route however, so I'll sort of be with you in spirit! Have a good walk, and a great weekend, everyone! Olwyn

Trish said...

Hoping the sun continues to shine so I can convince Julaine to join us for a short walk. Eva? Cheryl?
See you at Tim's

Anonymous said...

Both my children are heading north to separate cottages this weekend. I will have the car and the house to myself, just image. So if even a sprinkle of mist appear in the AM .....well you know where I'll be.
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Sat unless it's raining
Leverne

debbie said...

Hi everyone,

I'm with Olwyn, a beautiful poem and very true message...thank you, Helen!

I'm in Montreal again this weekend, with family, but will be back at the Beaches next Saturday for sure.

I miss you guys and look forward to seeing you all again then.

Debbie

Trish said...

Well I guess I am going back to bed! Happy summer everyone and hope for better weather Monday.