Monday 29 June 2009

Walk: Mon. June 29 @ Loblaws

The Beach Garden Tour was a lovesome thing yesterday, despite the rain. Thanks so much to Norma for organizing the tickets. If you're curious about the gardens, you can see my slideshow on our Toronto Gardens blog or if you'd like to be able to see larger images with captions, visit my Flickr site.

Do you think the rain will hold off today for a lovesome 6K? Maybe we should get rid of our walking shoes and develop slime feet, like slugs and snails. I suppose that was a bit disgusting. However, seeing how active they are right now it might be just the thing. Hope to see you 7ish, no matter what you have on your feet.

And a heads-up about our Wednesday walk on Canada Day – the suggested plan is to do our 6K in the morning. How about 9 am at Shoppers? Voice your preference here.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Wednesday morning is great for me (what, no icecream?)

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Helen, your photos are enchanting; and the rain simply added to the beauty of the gardens! See you out tonight; and 9am on Canada Day sounds good to me; but I agree with Ruth.....no ice cream?! Olwyn

Helen said...

I hope to be out tonight if it isn't pouring. I don't mind if it's lightly drippy like it is now at 6:10.

For Wednesday -- don't know if Carter's will be open, but I'll check and perhaps we could do the ice cream run, er, walk again. This time, we'd have all day to burn off the calories.

Other suggestions for Wednesday location? Walk then brunch?

Trish said...

Wednesday morning is good for me. Going to have dinner in my daughters first apartment Wed night.