Tuesday 10 March 2009

Walk: Wed. March 11 @ Shoppers (or Thursday?)

Hello there, Wednesday walkers. As many of you are also Doc Soup subscribers, would you like to walk on Thursday night this week? Same time, 7 pm; same place, Shoppers.

The distance is 10K as we gear up for our pre-race long walk this Saturday (and, on that subject, I'll also be asking if Saturday's long-walkers want to meet a bit early at 7:30 am).

If there's a will for it, we could have walks on both evenings. Sign in and state your preference -- then check the comments section to see who'll be walking when.

Don't forget to send in your name to register for the ST10+10. You have till Friday morning, which is when we have to submit the order for medals. I'd expected to hear from a few of you, yet haven't. So if you've decided against doing the race, please let me hear from you, too, so I can cross you off my mental list.

Finally: Mea culpa. How could I have missed the passing of International Women's Day on March 8th?! The U.N.'s IWD theme for 2009 is about uniting to end violence against women and girls. Canada's is: Strong Leadership. Strong Women. Strong World: Equality. A worthy cause and a worthy sentiment. I think we're doing our little bit to build strong women (and men) as Shore Things. Keep up the good work.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I'm on for Wednesday. Can't do Thursday - having a fun fair at school. Anybody want to come fishing?????

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,
Nice photo of Bob and I trying to push Shopper's back about 3 feet. (!)
I'm on for Wed night, and would like to start the Saturday walk at 7:30am (yawn..); good suggestion, as it's such a long walk. Olwyn

Helen said...

I'll be walking on Thursday. If I don't hear from any other Thursday walkers, I'll just set out from home.

Ruth said...

I'll second Olwyn's comments on a 7:30 start on Saturday - both her comment that it's a good suggestion and her yawn :-)

Ruth

Anonymous said...

A last minute switch; I'll be doing my Wednesday walk as soon as I get home, to get back a bit earlier, so please don't wait for me at Shoppers on Wed night. Ciao!
Olwyn