Monday 9 March 2009

Walk: Mon. March 9 @ Loblaws

A fine turnout on Saturday! It was a little taste of spring; we hope, an appetizer for the coming feast.

Monday, the distance is 8K. I suggest you head to the "condo loop" for intervals. If you take the street just west of the parking lot and cross with the light, you'll have about 2K to warm up before the loop. Do the loop five times: 3 fast, 2 recovery; start with a fast loop. Then head back.

I'll have to find another time for my walk, as I have a theatre date with our darling daughter. (Come to think of it, I have film tickets on Wednesday, too! Yikes.) Have a great walk.

If you haven't signed up for our ST10+10 events yet, please do so by replying to this email, stating which 10 you've a yen for. Also, please let us know if you're in for the brunch. It's best to send it to me in writing, as my sieve-like brain might drop a verbal confirmation.

A few people on Saturday were starting to think about spring races. There are Shore Things registered for the new Mercedes-Benz 10K on April 26 and for the tried-and-true Sporting Life 10K on May 3. You'll find links to these and other races on the blog. Have a browse.

Finally, in case you missed this bit of neighbourhood news: the OMB turned down the application for a 7-hectare big-box retail complex just west of Tim's in Leslieville.

No comments: