Wednesday 11 March 2009

Walk: Sat. March 14 @ Tim's



It's 16K for the long walkers on Saturday -- a preview of our ST10 race route. As the cup says so succinctly: Please play again! The long walk has an earlier start, at 7:30 am -- those doing a shorter distance meet as usual at 8 am. See you Saturday.

(And those walking on Thursday night this week, we'll meet at Shoppers at 7 pm for 10K.)

Looking ahead, Susan Lewis who is the race organizer for the KW Walking Classic has written me to say that registration is now open for the 10K and 5K event on September 27th. If they get enough interest in 2009, they're committed to doing a walkers-only half marathon in 2010, so it would be great to support them. Bob will be returning to defend his title, so I'll be there, too.

Susan also sent a link to this recent article about the good work they're doing with the money raised, in promoting exercise, in particular walking, for mental as well as physical health. We've experienced that ourselves, I know.

Hope to see some of you Thursday evening -- and some more on (dare I say it?) sunny Saturday.

6 comments:

Helen said...

I'll be walking on Thursday evening and at 7:30 on Saturday. See you then!

Trish said...

I plan to be there for 8 on Sat. Hope I am not the only one like I was Wed.

Anonymous said...

Leverne & I are planning on starting at the usual 8am time on Sat.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I would much prefer the usual start time, but would like to do the 16 km. Is there nayone else starting at 8 am for 16? Otherwise, I may try for 7:30

Susan

debbie said...

I'll be there at 7:30.

Susan, think of it this way -- how often do we get to see the sun rise?

Loooking forward to it!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am walking at 8:00 so I will see you soon Trish.