Saturday 14 March 2009

Walk: Mon. March 16 @ Loblaws


I love Sharon's expression -- well, I do as a general rule. But this time she's either thinking: don't step back, Helen (just a low chain was separating me from the pond) or: gee, this feels like our longest walk yet this season.

Well, for all but the Chilly half marathoners, it was. However, according to the ancient pyramidic scrolls and Bob's handy GPS, it was not 16K. (Sorry, Susan.) It was a mere fourteen. So my experiment with making our long walk the same distance as our race was foiled. Nevertheless, it was in keeping with the way we usually train. And, it gives us a better picture of the route for our 10 + 10.

Monday night, the distance is 8K. Remember to include intervals. In case I don't get to post before Wednesday, that distance is 10K. Meet in our usual places and at our usual times. Bob & I will see you next Saturday.

3 comments:

Trish said...

I will be walking Monday morning and hopefully Wdnesday morning. See you all next Saturday.

Helen said...

Hey all you guys with the nice weather: cut it out. We are in the place where winter has gone for March Break -- and we're coughing and wheezing. Again, you say? Apparently so. It's doubtful we'll get our walks in here... so venture out and be righteous! Enjoy your taste of spring.

Anonymous said...

Who if anyone is signed up or going to sign up for the Midsummer's Night in August? I am thinking of it, price goes up after March 31st.