Tuesday 3 February 2009

Walk: Wed. Feb. 4 @ Shoppers

This image comes courtesy of Jan, who thought you might enjoy seeing the beautiful side of winter. For a change.

Wednesday's walks are the great divide. For the Chillys, it's 11K; for the ST10s, a mere 5K. That seems almost sinfully short. The 11K route on the blog will work for both groups. See you at 7.

A few updates on races and events:

For our night at the Opera: We need to pay 25% at the time of booking (about $15 per ticket), with payment in full one month before the date. I'll do the thing with Mr. Visa again, but please get me your cheque by Saturday.

Possible Wow Powerwalking workshop: Reply to this email if you'd like a master class on race pacing with Lee Scott of Wow, possibly the weekend of Feb. 21/22 (to benefit the Chilly Halfers, who first requested this). If we have 10 people (the maximum), a 2-hour class would be $65 each; the price goes up with fewer participants. If this date doesn't work, I'll try again later in spring if there is enough interest from you.

New races to consider: Debbie sent a link to a new racing series by MultiSport Canada. One is the Toronto Island Women's Half Marathon on Saturday, September 19th. It's a great place to do a race, with no traffic to contend with. Registration is a little pricey and there's not a ton (sorry, tonne) of info on the site, but it might be good as a fall option.

Mercedes-Benz 10K: Nine people have already expressed interest in this race on April 26th, so we'll have a nice group. Now's the time to register to lock that determination in!

3 comments:

P Dawn said...

I will be at Shoppers on Wednesday. I don't think there are any snowstorms on the way!!

Anonymous said...

Barbara Brown;

I have my shoes so I have no excuse besides the cold. I will be at Shoppers at 7pm.

Helen said...

I'll be there -- perhaps not with bells on, but wearing just about everything else in my winter wardrobe.