Wednesday 4 February 2009

Walk: Sat. Feb. 7 @ Tim's

An invocation to the snow: Please, snow, you've worked too hard this winter. Always on the job; never taking a day off. Take a vacation already!

We'll see if that works this Saturday, with 16K on the schedule for the Chillys and an embarrassing 6K scheduled for the ST10s. I think we can up that a little, as long as it isn't deluging. Hope to see you out at 8 am.

Latest update on the Opera: The date is Tuesday, May 12th, and the cost is slightly lower, at $56 -- so that's now $14 per ticket for the first installment of 25% (payable to me by cheque, not cash this weekend, please and thanks). We're a group of 30, and will enjoy a backstage tour from the technical director and the lighting wizard after the show.

Before the show, Olwyn has suggested meeting at Barristers Bar in the Hilton Hotel for what she describes as "a small but amusing pre-show menu" of things like mini pizzas, salads and sandwiches, plus beverages. It's a great idea – very close to the theatre, and with flexible cost and timing. We'll be in mingle mode, not seated, but with plenty of time for sitting at the show.

Latest update on the Lee Scott master class: The subject is race pacing, the date is Saturday, Feb. 21st afternoon, time TBD, likely in a midtown location. Arlene is organizing the details. I believe there's room for 2-3 more. Cost for the 2-hour session is $75-65 (more people, lower cost).

Upcoming master class, April 10-11: I've secured Lee Scott to come to the Beach that weekend for a master class on fun with speed drills. Yes, you read correctly; speed drills can be fun. Actual day/time to be confirmed. We'll have room for only 10 people, cost will be $65 each for the 2-hour class. Get your name in now.

P.S. Bob & I are now registered for the Mercedes-Benz 10K on April 26th. Sign up to secure your bling.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tims on Saturday.
I don't think I'm going to be ready for Lee's fun class early in April, though. I was kind of hoping for one closer to the women's half.
However, Cynthia and I will be ready for the women's half one way or another.........
Opera plans seem to be progressing well. I'm looking forward to it.

Stacey said...

I won't be at Tim's this weekend - I'll be in Ottawa cheering on my daughter as she swims in the university provincial championships.
I haven't been very responsive to other e-mails recently - can I still go to the opera with everyone? Both Peggy and I would love to attend.
I would also like to attend Lee's master class in February. So if there is still room, count me in!
See you all next weekend.
S

Anonymous said...

If the chilly halfers- being Arlene and myself plus???? would like to start early given-(we need to do 16k and everyone else does 6 km). Let me know if anyone else wants to come for 16 and if so, would you like to start earlier?
Libby

Helen said...

Libby -- the Chilly-ers are you, Arlene, Rainer, Margy & Alexis.

If you ever want to check who's doing what, look at the blog under the "races interests list." I try to keep it updated whenever someone lets drop that they're registered in or considering a race.

See you Saturday, but I'll be there for our 8 am start.

Anonymous said...

I won't be there on Saturday will be in Michigan, however I will be out on Monday. Enjoyed the Yoga Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I too plan to be at Tim's on Saturday for 8:00 AM The Opera sounds like fun and I would like to join if it isn't too late. June is a long way off Dawn...we'll be ready. Don't worry!

Trish said...

My best intentions are to be out Saturday morning. However if we are getting freeing rain I will roll over and go back to sleep.
Looking forward to the pacing class in Feb. and the oh so much fun intervals in April.Perhaps I reall will get in a longer race. Will have chegue for the Opera.