Saturday 7 February 2009

Walk: Mon. Feb. 9 @ Loblaws

Looking back while we were beavering away (no, we didn't chew down those trees) along the Spit, I wondered, "Who is that strange man following us?" Turned out to be Barbara's good man Ian -- whom I hope will not continue to be a stranger.Welcome back!

And belated birthday blushes to your lady. (Imagine yourself embarrassed by all the singing, Barbara, and you might thank my poor memory.)

Monday night, it will be birthday girl Lou-Ann's turn to blush. That's good for getting the blood up for our 6K (ST10s) and 10K (Chilly) walks. The 10K route posted will suit us both. See you at 7.

The Races Interests List on the blog now reflects more of the future races people are considering or signed up for. Have a look and declare your interests by replying to this message.

The Toronto Island Women's Half in September might be a big one, especially as the KW Walking Classic has decided to keep it to 5K & 10K this year*. Brette learned the TIWH will have a walking category. A link now appears in our race calendar -- remember, the May event sold out quickly. (*I'd still like to support this walkers-only race, and it's later in the month.)

Speaking of calendars, I confess to screwing up the date for Easter on our own -- it's one week too late: should be April 11-12. Please change the dates.

The 2nd Wow master class will now be on April 18th. This 2-hour workshop will give us fun ways to rev up in time for the Toronto Women's Half in May. There's room for 7 more, so get your name in please.

A reminder to get your Opera deposit in. Mr. Visa now has my money, and the interest meter is ticking. If you won't be walking Monday, pop a cheque in the mail (no cash, please) -- my address is in the ST Directory. With hope, we can pay the April balance directly to the COC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be walking tonight (Monday, will bring my Opera cheque, and i just signed up for the Sporting Life.

Helen said...

I'll be there tonight -- Bob has a rehearsal. See you at 7ish. (Jan and I might be a touch late.)