Saturday 31 January 2009

Walk: Mon. Feb. 2 @ Loblaws

We now prepare to move beyond this monochromatic world, and enter the month with the big red heart in the middle of it. You do feel that way about February? Of course you do.

Chilly folk, you now enter your month of long walks. Shore Things 10-Milers, this is where we start to commit to our inaugural race.

For Monday, however, both groups have the same 8K distance on the schedule. We'll go west to the end of Swanwick across Main, then angle down to Lyall before turning up Pickering and heading east to do our usual "condo" loop on the other side of Vic Park. See you at 7 pm.

Before I go, Libby and Arlene have brought to my attention a new race to consider on April 26th: the Mercedes-Benz 10K in Oakville. There's a power-walking category, a promise of some serious bling, and one randomly drawn participant will win a one-year lease of a Mercedes-Benz B-Class car. I'm very tempted -- by the bling more than the car. Any other takers?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm crazy busy right now, so will miss yet another week of walking. I'll try to get out tomorrow (Monday) though I'm usually all about good intentions during the week. I'm away in Ottawa next Saturday. But, I'm with you on the Mercedes 10K, Helen. I like that there is a power walking category!

Anonymous said...

It's very hazardous out there today. I saw two people slip and fall just on my way to work. Worse places are driveways (quelle surprise!) and street corners. Both have sloped curbs that have been covered with melted snow/ice that has refrozen.

Bob

Helen said...

I hope to be out tonight -- avoiding ice patches. See you at 7.

So far, I've also heard from Norma & David with interest in the Mercedes 10K. Keep those e-notes coming in.

Anonymous said...

I plan to try to join you tonight

Trish said...

I'm not sure if I will make tonight. Really need to walk and have clothes ready but the call of a quiet house is appealing.Plus the car is already in the drive. Don't wait if I am not there. I like the idea of the Mercedes 10k - push me to my next limit.

Anonymous said...

Michelle has registered for the Mercedes!!!