Monday 16 February 2009

Walk: Wed. Feb. 18 @ Shoppers


Polar-bear dipping might count as cross training. Like these guys we passed by the Boardwalk on Saturday. In fact, shivering burns off a few extra calories, according to this article. It's like an involuntary little workout. Aren't we lucky to live in a cold climate country?

Wednesday, it's 13K for the Chillys and 8K for the ST10s. The 13K route posted (not the part route) will do for both groups. Be prepared inclement weather. See you at 7 pm.

Thanks to all the people who are volunteering to help with the Shore Things 10-Miler. Right now, we have more volunteers than participants. Please circle March 29th on your calendars – it's our big day.

10 comments:

Trish said...

Hope everyone had a great family day. Sorry I missed Monday night ut I did manage to do 2 walks in the beautiful sunshine on Monday. I plan on being out on Wednesday evening.

Anonymous said...

Confirming that I'll be a participant in the SH 10-miler. Looking forward to it!
I won't, however, be out on Wed night, as I have a performance, but plan to be there on Sat morning again. Wishing everyone a great, short week! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I am planning on walking on Wed evening and participating in the inaugral ShoreThings 10 miler!

Lynne

Stacey said...

I won't be out Wednesday - I'm rarely out during the week, but will be at Tim's on Saturday morning. Helen, I'm planning to help out with our inaugural race - and walking in it too. Peggy will help on the day handing out water or such.

Enjoy the week everyone!
Stacey

P Dawn said...

I won't be out this evening.
I will be participating in the inaugural shore things event.

Anonymous said...

As I have already slipped twice today and given that the sun isn't shining, I am going to pass on this evenings walk. Hopefully the weather will be more conducive for walking on Saturday!

Lynne

Anonymous said...

Hi all!
I'm back, had a fabulous time, but overwhelmed with catching up at work. So, won't be out tonight, see you Saturday.
Sheila

Helen said...

I'm reserving judgment on tonight's walk till I see if it's raining closer to walk time. The snow falling now will give us some traction, but if the rain comes things could get slippery as well as wet. Check back at around 6 pm.

Anonymous said...

Barbara Brown

Hi all,

I am not walking tonight as Ian and I are going out for dinner to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a spring like day in London, (England)...

See you on Sat.

Helen said...

The consensus seems to be: it's too wet and slippery out there and lots of people are away. So I'm calling off tonight's walk. See you Saturday, when the sun is supposed to make a partial appearance.