Wednesday 18 February 2009

Walk: Sat. Feb. 21 @ Tim's


Here's a little of winter's cold, cold heart for you. Although it looks kind of cute in this picture. Maybe it's beginning to melt finally? They say the sun's coming home for a weekend visit.

The tables of the past few walks now turn this Saturday, when the Chillys taper to 8K and the ST10s have 11K on the agenda. The zigzag route we've tried a few times should suit us both. See the January 31st blog post for our route map.

If there are races you'd like to do in the months ahead, when you sign up early you save on registration costs. We have four Shore Things in the Chilly Half on March 1, a growing number saying yea for our Shore Things event, eight now signed for the Mercedes-Benz 10K in April, two so far doing the Sporting Life and 21 STs and family in the May Women's Half. Anything on your list? Let us know. We might want to join you.

Speaking of which, good luck to Debbie this weekend. She's off to do a half marathon in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I think we all wish we were cheering her on in body, and not just in spirit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like I am unable to walk on Saturday as I have to pick-up items for our church "pancake Tuesday" event at No Frills at 7:30Saturday morning - before the rush gets there for $1.00 daze. I then have to drop off the items and then get ready for an Avon meeting for 12:00. I would rather be walking, heaven knows I need to walk! I'm not sure of Monday's walk either as I may be setting up tables for the following nights pancake dinner. Enjoy your walk folks!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to mention I just signed up for the Mercedes race, so look out you walkers, I may be driving by in my "new car"!

P Dawn said...

I expect to be at Tim's tomorrow morning.