Tuesday 20 January 2009

Walk: Wed. Jan. 21 @ Shoppers

It was a surprise, it was a success, it was a happening thing. The Balmy Beach Club room was filled to capacity (far more than this photo suggests) and Jean and Bob and JeansMarines all received a resounding send-off. Here Jean is, accepting the last Award of Courage.

Added to the tears shed during today's historic events in Washington D.C., it has been a pretty emotional twelve hours.

Let's walk off some of that residual adrenaline on Wednesday evening. Chilly Half gang, it's 10K; ST 10-Milers, just 6K. There's a 10K route on the blog we can adapt for both distances. See you at 7 pm.

Rainer has asked me to pass along this link to the Philly's Haggis 5K in Whitby this Sunday, January 25th. If you've a hankering to be Scottish for a day, but were too late for the Robbie Burns, this might be for you. Let me know if you register -- and take pictures if you race. (This last bit should be a general rule for the Shore Things.)

Healing rays go out to Norma, who slipped and fell on her knee last Saturday and will need a few weeks of physio and rest. Our thoughts are also with Olwyn, whose mum is currently in hospital recovering from an infection. Take care, both of you. We hope you'll be back with us soon.

7 comments:

Helen said...

I'll be at the condo all day Wednesday waiting for furniture to arrive -- without access to the internet or email. (You can reach me at my cell number if you need me.) I hope to be on time for the walk, but if I'm a little late, I'm coming!

P Dawn said...

Trish told me I had to come this evening, so - all things being equal - I will be there at 6.58pm.
Great picture (as usual) Helen!

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - date with my daughter - but I was wondering who is going out on Saturday since so many are doing the Robbie Burns. I will be out Saturday - any other takers?

Anonymous said...

Barbara Brown

I will not be out tonight as I am off to Kempenfelt, near Barrie , until Friday. See you at the Robbie Burns.

Anonymous said...

I will be there for the shorter distance.

Barb Shand

Trish said...

Yes Dawn I will be there - for 6K.
Jan- I won't be out Saturday - Sunday will be enough.

Anonymous said...

I know I said i would be out tonight but I have had a change of heart. See all the Robbie Burners on Sunday.
Lynne