Thursday 22 January 2009

Walk: Sat. Jan. 24 @ Tim's (& Robbie Burns)

A little midwinter sparkle for a snowy night's walk. We won't mention that Barb looks cold. There's going to be more of that this week -- dig out the layers, the skin protectants (Vaseline works well on exposed skin) and the Yaktrax.

Saturday might be a small group, but I've heard at least a few people say they'll be there. It's 8K on the ST 10-Miler schedule (same route as last week); Chilly Half gang does a big 16K.

Final plans for the Robbie Burns 8K:

Saturday: movie (4 pm, Fox) and dinner (6:15 pm, Beacher).

Sunday: assemble at my place at 7:15 am, we want to leave by 7:30; there's parking in the school lot across the street. So far, I have ride requests from: Barb, Lynne, Leverne, Trish & Debbie. Barb B., Libby & Arlene are taking their own transportation. Lou-Ann is also driving and has room for four. That should accommodate us all, but let me know if you are unaccounted-for.

And a nice snippet of news that I keep forgetting to add: Norma has contacted CBC's Living in Toronto, a TV show on healthy living in the city, and they might be interested in doing a short segment on our group in June. Well done, Norma. We'll keep you updated on developments.

Have a great weekend, everyone, wherever you are. Stay safe.

3 comments:

Trish said...

To all those out on Saturday have a happy (warm???!!!) walk. Hope to see some of you for movie and dinner. See the Robbie Burns crew bright and early Sunday.

Stacey said...

Happy Robbie Burns Day to all of you who are participating. I won't be out at all this weekend (I have a course), but will be with you in spirit! I've had lots of workouts this week cross country skiing, snowshoeing, skating, toboganning (sp?), etc. I've been in the north country with 60 11 & 12 year olds! And without a note of sarcasm, it's been the best 4 days I've had in a long time.
Have fun everyone and stay warm!
Stacey

Jan said...

ok this has nothing to do with walking! but since some of you have come out to support my son Alan in the past I thought you might be interested to know that he will be on the radio next Thursday night (Jan 29)at 9pm on Jazz FM - 91.1 - a program called Jazzology that highlights Toronto area Jazz students.