Thursday 1 January 2009

It's called the Hair of the Dog, folks, so I couldn't not have the Schnapps! Welcome to our first on-blog video -- the existence of which is a happy mistake, made viewable by my personal tech wiz, Robert.



Once again, we were blessed with fine weather, and the Shore Things stole the show! Our walkers took 1st and 2nd for men (Bob and Rainer) and 1st and 3rd for women (Ruth, by a wide margin, and Helen, with Margy close on her heels). Lots of prizes, lots of fun, good food, and did I mention the schnapps? More pictures on Flickr.

Please review your schedule(s) for your distances over the next week (hear that, Chilly Half gang?); they're posted on the blog. I'll also post one for the Waterloo Half on April 26th, which might be an alternative spring race for some. The Robbie Burns 8K is just over 3 weeks away, and it's a perfect fit for our Shore Things 10-Miler schedule. That doesn't mean we can't prepare with longer distances beforehand, though.

As Saturday looks like another fine day, let's do 10K on the north route to the DVP lookout. See you at 8 am for our first walk of 2009.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian and I are hoping to be there tomorrow morning for the walk. We are leaving Jenny to the airport at 6am so the only problem would be a delay in her flight. We are looking forward to getting back on track.

Trish said...

I won't be out in the morning. I might be in Kingston but also the lungs are still congested. Have a great walk.

Jan said...

I am planning on going - hopped on the scales a couple of days ago - YIKES - so I must get back on track exercise- and diet-wise

debbie said...

I'll be there tomorrow...really enjoyed the Hair of the Dog!

Debbie

Unknown said...

Congratulations and the great finishes! I was going to be there myself, but, an all nighter on the system did me in, I'm afraid.

Happy new year all you Shore things!
Best,
Breda

Stacey said...

Happy New Year all! Congrats to the Hair of the Dog-ers! Your dogged determination is impressive. I plan to be out tomorrow morning. Unlike Jan, I have NOT gotten on the scales. No guts...See you in the am.
Stacey