Monday 29 December 2008

Walk: New Year's Eve or New Year's Day?

It's time to look back at the year and look forward to a new one. Remember Québec? That had to be one of the highlights of 2008. Here is the finish line again, only this time a little cooler. What will our big event be in 2009?

Why don't we make our first 2009 event the Balmy Beach Hair of the Dog at 11:30 am on January 1st? Donna is interested, Bob & I are, too, and others have mentioned their interest. It could replace our walk on Wednesday, which lands on New Year's Eve. Thursday's weather is predicted to be cool but clear. The distance is 9K, and the $20 fee covers a hot lunch. Just download a registration form at the link above.

Speaking of links, please take a little time to acquaint yourself with our web log (AKA blog). Many of you think of these messages only as emails. However, they are really forwarded to you via email every time I create a post on the blog. The web log itself is worth checking regularly, as collects lots of other useful info into one convenient place. You don't have to sign in to benefit from it. So have a look now by clicking on this link. In case you forget, a link to the web log for The Shore Things Walking Club appears at the end of each email reminder message.

See you on Thursday morning, or perhaps at Tim's on Saturday. In the meantime, have a safe and Happy New Year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to all! Is anyone interested in walking on Wed morning about 9am as I'm sure most will be busy Wed evening

Leverne

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! I won't be out Wed morning, as I'll be working, and will also be busy that evening.
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year; good health, much happiness, and may we travel many kilometers together!
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

Leverne:
I'll go on Wed. morning. 9:00 am at Loblaws?

anyone else?

Susan

Ruth said...

I can't make it Wednesday morning - spare a thought for Olwyn and me, who will be at work!! But I can make the Balmy Beach walk Thursday morning, since it is straight downhill from my place.

Ruth

debbie said...

Hi all,

I'm planning to do the Balmy Beach walk with a friend and perhaps my daughter Bonnie as well. Gonna be cold but we're tough!

See you there!

Debbie

Helen said...

Happy New Year! Bob & I will be at Hair of the Dog. Perhaps we'll see you there? Looks like it will be in the best part of the day. A post on the Stellar Runners page suggests the route is mostly clear.