Sunday 28 December 2008

Walk: Mon. Dec. 29 @ Loblaws

It looked very much like wind and rain for the Resolution 5K. However, the brave starters (and finishers) shown here were treated to sunshine, from the time our feet left the starting gate till all the door prizes were drawn. Stacey, sporting a day-glow hat, was I think our only prize winner. A great little way to end the racing season.

We'll try for 6K tomorrow evening at Loblaws, weather permitting. I'll send out another post soon about training schedules for the new year.

Nike Women's Half Marathon, October 2009:

FYI, Jan will be submitting the Shore Things into the lottery for this race. If our group is drawn, then any of us who wish to go (and get our names on the list by a certain date) would qualify to enter. The Stellar Runners raved about their experience last year. Unlike the Toronto Women's Half this year, men can participate in the San Francisco race. We'll keep you posted on this.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Congrats to all those brave and hardy souls who completed the resolution run yesterday. Sorry I was unable to join you - I spent the day on my sofa and it looks like that will be where I am spending most of today.

Anonymous said...

Well plans have been changed, I will be at a Funeral Home for a friends father at the time of the walk today. It was great seeing the walkers on Sunday and at breakfast, I will be joining you on Saturdays and Monday nights from now on provided plans don't change.
Thanks Trish for organizing the car pool, hope you are on the mend.

Helen said...

We were planning on coming tonight, but then about ten minutes ago the rain started. If it's still raining at 6:30, we will stay home tonight and instead visit with Bob's maman, who is our guest at the moment. Two excuses for the price of one!

Helen said...

Okay, even though it isn't raining right now, we are going to skip tonight, because la belle-mère is leaving tomorrow, and we want to maximize our visiting time.

Jan said...

I lost track of time - I'm all mixed up as to what day it is. I am going to bail on tonight and try to get Ray into a walk tomorrow.

Happy New Year to everyone in case I don't see you