Wednesday 24 December 2008

Post-Turkey Unstuffing (weekend walks)

Dear Weather, I would like you to remember that the song goes, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... (not a wet one)." For reference, here's how they do it in Québec. Get it? Got it? Good.

Eighteen Shore Things and family are registered for the Resolution 5K on Sunday. Trish has emailed a car-pooling suggestion to everyone on our race list. If we missed you, please contact Trish (or me) for details. I'll leave it to you to decide whether you'll be walking both days -- but I'll be sleeping in on Saturday.

I'm sure that others will be only too eager to burn off some of those mashed potato and gravy calories. The time will be 8 am on Saturday as usual for a distance of your choosing. In January, we begin training in earnest.

Here's wishing a happy belated birthday to Eva, and early birthday wishes to Brette.

Also, happy birthday to the Shore Things blog -- it turned one year old this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing Everyone of our Shore Things and their families, a most wonderful Christmas, and holiday season! Warmest wishes, Olwyn
And a belated Happy Birthday to Eva; we'll celebrate soon...xo