Saturday 3 January 2009

Walk: Mon. Jan. 5 @ Loblaws

Couldn't resist this great shot on our way through Withrow Park on Saturday. The sun cooperated for us yet again.

Speaking of warmth, here's a tidbit from Ruth that I meant to pass along last time:

"According to an article in the 24 October 2008 issue of Science, 'experiences of physical warmth … increase feelings of interpersonal warmth … without the person’s awareness of this influence. In study 1, participants who briefly held a cup of hot (versus iced) coffee judged a target person as having a ‘warmer’ personality (generous, caring); in study 2, participants holding a hot (versus cold) therapeutic pad were more likely to chose a gift for a friend instead of for themselves.'

So I figure it’s the Tim’s coffee that makes us enjoy one another’s company and makes us such great people."

Thanks, Ruth. Let me say that another probable reason we enjoy one another's company is that we're just such darned great people!

Monday evening, let's meet for 6-8K to prove the hypothesis.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I would love to prove the hypothesis that we are indeed very warm hearted people but....as of this moment I have very little voice and the lungs are still congested. I will be out as soon as I can as I have to get in shape for Robbie Burns.

Helen said...

I'm up for 6K, just to keep the limbs moving post-turkeytime. See you at 7 pm.

Trish, get better soon.