Thursday 16 October 2008

Walks: October 18 & 19

Yes, we were carb loading instead of walking last night. In fact, we should be good for all of 2009, thanks to Ted Reader's BBQ brownies, and one or two other snacks in the multi-course catered barbecue won by one of Bob's band-mates. The wee snack above began with sinfully rich home-made brownies, piled with peanut butter, chocolate chips, honey, peanuts and marshmallows -- and melted on a plank. My heart is still racing.

Speaking of dieting, for our pre-race Toronto Half pasta dinner, I have booked a table for 8 at Melanie's on Danforth (between Woodbine & Coxwell) for 6 pm. Besides the racers (minus one), and one welcome spouse, I have Trish & Sharon on the list. If you wanted to be included please let me know asap.

Plans for the Toronto Half: As there are only 6 of us, I'll link us all up via email.

This Saturday's walk will happen as usual at 8 am from Tim's. Some of the Toronto Half crew will be sleeping in (I speak mostly for myself).

And by way of closing: Toronto has named the entire month of October its Walking Festival. There are walking events happening all month long. And, of course, the day of the Toronto Half (October 19th) is a very special event: The Zombie Walk. I hope that's a warning about the aid stations: Water, gatorade, BRAAAAAAINS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all the Toronto Halfers on Sunday. Sorry I'm not able to join you at Melanie's on Saturday evening.
I am hoping to be at Tim's on Saturday morning, but am going to the country and am not sure of the time of departure from Toronto.
I wonder if anyone (with a few exceptions) will read or respond to this?

Anonymous said...

Cynthia here is planning to sleep in on Saturday, having had a rough week.
Dawn hope your trip north is fabulous!
Best of Luck to all you Marathon women and man this Sunday! My money in on you all!

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Saturday morning (Dawn what an excuse...not sure what time departing). Have fun all you Toronto Halfers or is it Hoofers.

Helen said...

Thanks for everyone's good wishes -- have a great walk on Saturday, and we'll see you next week.

Anonymous said...

I plan on being there on Sat morning
Leverne

Anonymous said...

well done all you Toronto halfers.
Most likely see you on Monday evening.. my other half will be in vancouver...
Margy