Monday 13 October 2008

Walk: Wed. Oct. 15 @ Shoppers

It's 5K! The last scheduled walk of the season. From here on in (notwithstanding the final Half Marathon of the year), it's maintenance mode till we set our first event of Spring 2009. Bring out those reluctant friends who have been over-faced by the longer distances!

That being said, Bob & I won't be out on Wednesday, as we're invited to a gourmet barbecue. Rather than burning off calories, we'll be stockpiling them. Have a great walk.

This is also a general invitation to the group: The 5 Toronto halfers are getting together for pasta on October 18th. We thought we'd ask if anyone wants to join us. Our first thought is Melanie's on the Danforth -- but I'll need to know numbers by email by Tuesday evening. It's a small place, and they need as much warning as possible.

3 comments:

sharon said...

I am not walking in anything competitive for the remainder of the year. However, I may trek 150 km on the Bruce Trail with Susan and maybe, just maybe Ruth. I would like to come out and show my support by sharing a pasta dinner on October 18. So sign me up please.

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe it was the sun, too much fabulous weather, but I decided to sign up for the Toronto half....one of those spur of the moment things...

so Helen...who are the others who have signed up for it? I know Ruth & Barb have but ...???

As for hiking all weekend-it couldn't have been better. The trail was good but the colours were spectatular. Finished another section.

Sharon? Ruth? anybody? in for the next one?

Susan

Trish said...

What a glorious weekend. Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving with family and friends. I wasn't hiking but the colours along the 401 did help make the drive go faster.
I hope to be out Wednesday night.
Please sign me up for dinner at Melanies - great place, great food and great friends.