Tuesday 30 September 2008

Walk: Wed. Oct. 1 @ Shoppers

Last weekend's pictures and stories are starting to roll in -- please keep 'em coming.

Preliminary reports tell me there were some amazing times in the Scotia, and at least one personal best from Barb, who whipped across the mats in 2:49:37 (real time). Libby trailed that lightning pace by only a few hundredths of a second. Lynne finished in 2:59, and Olwyn and Leverne wrapped it up in 3:06. Way to go, everyone! But how come it took 10 minutes to cross the start line? Tell!

Next, after 8 hours of slogging through rain, muck and 30K on Saturday, and 6.5 hours doing 21-hilly-K on Sunday, both Ruth and S. completed their Bruce Trail hike last weekend. Another badge down in their quest to complete the whole dang thing. You two are awesome -- and especially so to have come out for the walk the very next day (and knocking at my door to see if I was really coughing).

The last story is from picture girl Maria, who did the Walk for ALS in London on Saturday. Closer to home, you'll recall, it rained, but:

"The weather held out beautifully. It was great. I am waiting for a final count ... but I was the second highest on our team of 20 – raising over $950.00."

Kudos to all who supported her in this cause.

We seem to be into cold and flu season, which has some of us under the weather. (Looking at the rain pelting down now, I'm glad that's figurative, not literal.) Get well soon to Cheryl, Cynthia, Eva (and me).

Hope everyone will be recovered and ready for Wednesday, when the Toronto Half trainees are scheduled for 10K.

But don't let that number daunt you. To those who have finished their races for fall, or those just starting out, please join us for the distance of your pleasing. See you at 7 pm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all you Weekend Speedsters. You are AMAZING!

Well I think I'll be out but I'm not really sure, so if I'm not there don't wait for me....Cynthia
Get well soon to the sickies

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Shoppers tomorrow evening.
I need to start getting rid of all the millions of calories I put away over the last week.

Jan said...

I plan to be out tomorrow night - I need to shake out a few cobwebs.

Now I don't want to shock anyone, but I bit the bullet and signed up for the Resolution Run - Oct 1 is the last day for the reduced price ($40) and it includes a jacket - last year it sold out before I registered, so I thought I would jump on it this year. Ray "wants" to do it too.....

Helen said...

I'll be out on Wednesday, too. And Bob, Betsy & I are all signed up for the Resolution now, too -- inspired by Jan! See you 7ish.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, but will be there on Saturday morning. What is our distance for Saturday?

Barb

Trish said...

I won't be out tonight. I am supposed to be Dragon boating. Our school has been challenged by our former VP to a race. (I'm praying for rain -sorry!)
I will however try and get signed up for the Resolution run before midnight tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hello all,

Another one down to the flu, so I will not be walking tonight.

Thank you again to all that supported me in the ALS Walk.
Congratulations to all the walkers last weekend, and especially to all the "Winners" and "Personal Bests" - Way to go!!!

Speedy recovery to all the sickies :)

Cheers
Maria

Eva said...

I will not be walking tonight, Wednesday... Still got some coughs and stuffy nose.

Have a nice evening walk tonight.