Sunday 28 September 2008

Walk: Mon. Sept. 29 @ Loblaws


The group shot
Originally uploaded by theshorethings
What a weekend, eh? The Kitchener race was a great experience. It was so great to see so many enthusiastic walkers out.

Our own guy, Robert Pelletier, broke through the ribbon to place first overall in the 10K with an amazing time of 68:30. We had two other firsts in their category, Rainer (who was 6th overall) and Sheila. Charlotte finished 2nd in hers, and Alexis completed her very first race. Way to go, everyone!

Also, waaaaay too much good food was eaten.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Scotia, and the Bruce Trail hike, and the ALS Walk in London. Please write me the news, and post your pictures on the blog. (Don't forget, you can download pix from there, too.)

For those few training for the Toronto Half, the distance is 10K. Naturally, you can decide your own. How about it? Will anyone be out on Monday?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the Sunday walkers! My daughter and I did the Scotiabank Charity 5 K and had a great time; Epilepsy Toronto had a good showing! I will see whom ever is out tonight (Monday) and will love to hear of your weekend...Lou-Ann

Ruth said...

I plan to show up on Monday.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will be there tonight! alexis

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bob, Charlotte, Sheila and Sharon.
Will not be out this evening..maybe Wednesday. Congratulations one and all. Cynthia

Helen said...

Still feeling snotty, but will be out for 10K -- am in awe of Ruth & Susan, both of whom plan to be out tonight after their 50K weekend.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight - still celebrating the wedding.
Congratulations to everyone who did any of the events on Sunday, particularly the ones mentioned by Helen. I will look forward to hearing more details and seeing pictures.
Dawn

Helen said...

Hi, everyone -- I'm going to retract my statement: I won't be out tonight after all, as the snot has turned to a cough. Bob has a meeting, and Jan is working, so they won't be out either. Have a great walk, and hope to see you on Wednesday.