Sunday 27 July 2008

Walk: Mon. July 28 @ Loblaws

The jury is out on whether this picture of Ralph after a hot 20K Beaches Jazz Tune-up shows a smile or a grimace. We'll go with "smile," especially as two of the lovely women in his family were at the finish to greet him.

Debbie, on the other hand, is smart. She brings her family section along with her on races.

We caught her with son Simon at the end of Sunday's 20K -- which, incidentally, ticks another box in her goal to do a half marathon every month this summer. Okay, she missed June; but made up for it with two in May. She is now looking for a September race, if you have suggestions... one that isn't Scotiabank, which she has done once or five times already.

Bob & I also did the Tune-up, and the 10K version was just as steamy, let me tell you. Every part of me felt the effects of three weeks of doing absolutely nothing, then hurtling back into a full training schedule. I made Bob promise to go slow, and he did. Sort of.

Before I close – with a reminder that Monday's distance is 8K, and the Quebec half is only four weeks away – I thought I'd share with you how Bob unwinds after a tough 10K.

See the Wow gang for Class 4 of 7 on Monday. See the rest of you later this week. Wherever you walk, have a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures from today's hot 'n steamy race; and congratulations to everyone for doing it!
I'll see the non-Wow'ers tomorrow at Loblaws; for our Monday walk.
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I will see you all at Loblaws tonight! alexis