Tuesday 1 July 2008

Shoppers Wednesday 2nd (Thursday 3rd) july

It's a mere 6k tomorrow evening from Shoppers.   As mentioned before, some of us will be doing this on Thursday to allow our feet to rest after today's HBC....

Happy CANADA DAY to everyone.   And what perfect weather we had for it.     Six of us did the HBC today along with what we were told was the biggest group for the HBC Canada Day race.    They were not quite as organised as we had hoped, the biggest disappointment being  that they ran out of medals.    The only person who received one was Bob - the rest of us are hoping to get them eventually.     But Bob did let us look at and touch his medal.    The medals are really beautiful and well worth doing the race for.   (and that's me, Dawn, saying that........)

Sorry, I haven't got the pictures from today (including the one medal) yet, but will hopefully have some for you next time.

Birthday greetings to Cheryl for Friday 4th July - I believe she's just hitting the 25 year mark.    Looks great on you, Cheryl.    Enjoy your day.

That's it for now, I think.   


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there for Wednesday July 2nd at Shopper's (7:00 pm).

Anonymous said...

A great race this morning; and I hope everyone enjoyed Canada Day as much as we did! I've just forwarded some photos to Dawn, so they should be up on the blog the next time she has a chance to download them.
I won't be out Wednesday night, but will be there on Thursday for the challenging 6k from Shoppers; hope to see some of you then!
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight, as I have a commitment Thursday. BTW, anyone catch our own Jeannette Hanna on Breakfast Television this morning?

Trish said...

Apart from the medal it was a great race. Beautiful weather and some good sights along the way. Swans sticking the butts in the air just as Eva snaps the picture. Not to mention a fabulous breakfast. That alone would get me out next year.
I will be part of the Thursday group.

Stacey said...

I'm glad I can walk with some of you on Thursday as I can't make it on Wednesday. Now that school is "officially" over, I should be able to make most of the evening walks! See some of you on Thursday.
Stacey

Eva said...

I will be there Thursday... Good day for the HBC race (in support of our Olumpic athletes). Some of them showed up to give their thanks. The rowing team posed and smiled as we clicked our cameras (I'll send those wonderful pics to Dawn for posting) Later in the evening, got a great view of the fireworks at Ontario Place.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the HBC participants! Hope you get your medals so we can oh&ah over them.
I saw Jeannette on TV this morning talking about her new book on Branding. What a surprise!
I will see you on Thursday at Shoppers at 7:00

Anonymous said...

I planned on walking Wednesday, but I need to be at home sorry. Enjoy the walk!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all you Canada Dayers! And greetings from sunny Somerset. Not getting much walking in here, but plenty of good eating. So I'll be well fueled for the 16K when I come back. Cheers! Helen

Jan said...

I am planning on coming out tonight too - missed last night, and missed Monday and missed Saturday and.....

Glad it's only 6k!