Wednesday 4 June 2008

Walk: Sat. June 7 @ Tim's

It's going to be hot, hot, hot! Lucky for us, we're doing only 8K on Saturday. That's a beachside walk to the end of the boardwalk and back.

Let's think of Michelle doing the 60K Walk for Breast Cancer Research in Ottawa this weekend. There's still time to sponsor her through this link. Here's her message (the emphatic bold is mine):

The 60K starts bright and early Saturday; will end mid-afternoon Sunday. We will walk 32 km the first day, 28 the second, apparently skirting the Rideau and Ottawa Rivers and the Rideau Canal at various times.

“They” are forecasting 32 degrees for the weekend! And 30% POP. Hope “they” are seriously mistaken, cause I already feel like a Schlubb, having grumbled about the cold morning for the Alfie Shrubb on Sunday. Also hope I won’t lose my toenails like Susan did on her very, very, very long trek last summer.


P.S. I sold this gorgeous 1956 Lady Schick electric razor on ebay yesterday. It put me over my $2,000 fundraising goal. Yippee!!!! BTW: The razor—which was my mother’s—still works. They don’t design appliances like this anymore. (Note: different “they” than the people who forecast the weather.)


Good Speed, Michelle! See you the rest of you guys Saturday! Wear your sunscreen, and break out the BodyGlide.

P.S. Here are details on a 7-week summer course with Wow Powerwalking: Mondays, July 7 to Aug. 18, 7-8:30 pm. Meet at Starbucks on Queen, west of Woodbine. Cost: $91 + $4.55 GST ($95.55, all in). Instructor: Jane Heath, who teaches us now. We need at least 8 people, and I've had 4 replies -- anyone else?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday as I am helping at our Church yard sale (Presteign-Woodbine United Church). Have a great walk ladies!!

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday as I am headed north for a cottage weekend. Every weather report shows hot but very wet. Have a good walk and see you Monday night.

Eva said...

I forgot that have a wedding to go to this Saturday. The wedding is in the morning, so I will not be out. See you Monday.

Eva said...

Good walking Michelle. We'll be cheering you. I hope Mother Nature will be nice to all participants and provide a weather with no rain.

Go Michelle Go...

Anonymous said...

Is the time still 8am? When do we switch to 7AM?

Helen said...

The start time is still 8 am. We'll switch to 7 am when the distances go 10K and over in a couple of weeks.

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow morning.

Helen said...

We'll be there. See you at 8 am.

debbie said...

Hi all,

I cannot make it Saturday, driving to Montreal to see my Mom and brothers and sisters.

See you all next weekend.

Enjoy the weather...no kvetching allowed, we had one rough winter,let's just savour this heat!

Debbie