Saturday 7 June 2008

Walk: Mon. June 9 @ Loblaws (and other biz)

At Milka's request, today's theme is "buddies" -- as who else but a buddy could drag you out so early on a sweltering morning like Saturday, and stick with you till the soggy end?

What a day to welcome so many new walkers, including Jan's friend Mary. See, she's smiling! Other new buds Milka (with Brette) and Leeping and Alexis are also featured here.

Part of our buddy system is the blog. It's great to tell us when you'll miss a walk, but please also tell us if you plan to show up -- so we'll be sure we'll have buds to walk with. This is even more important now, when summer schedules might keep people away.

It's 8K on Monday -- except for the folks doing Week 8 of Wow.

And, speaking of Wow, we have a quorum for the Wow Powerwalking Level 2 summer course. I'll send an email to Lee Scott today, with a cc: to everyone I've heard from. Let me know if I've missed you, or if you want to be added.

Some people are also interested in a Wow Level 1 course this fall. Drop me a line if you are, too. Level 1 gives you the basics of walking technique so you can go faster with less effort. I'd highly recommend it.

Looks like there'll be a good group for the HBC Run/Walk for Canada on July 1st. Hate to miss it, but I'll be in England. There's a link on the blog if you want to join the gang. Let me know if you've signed up, and I'll add your name to the interests list, so you can coordinate transportation, &c. And take lots of pictures!

One last request: As our group is growing, I'm creating a Shore Things Directory with contact info, which I will email you privately as a Word document in case you need to reach someone else. Obviously, I have your email addresses. However, could you please email me (do not post it on the blog) OR reply to this message with:

- your full name
- phone number(s), including mobile if relevant
- home address
- birthday

Or, let me know if you'd prefer not to share your information with others in the group.

Sorry for being long-winded. That's it for now. Stay cool, buddies!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking Monday night but will, instead, be enjoying the Leonard Cohen concert with Niki and Pat.

Susan

P Dawn said...

lucky you (Susan, Niki, Pat)!!
I am not going to be out on Monday night either.

Anonymous said...

Who is walking on Monday? I am starting to worry about training for Quebec and think more walking is better than less.

Charlotte

Helen said...

Bob & I have three more Mondays with Wow -- then I leave for England. Have a great walk, though. 8K, if you take the westbound route parallel to the train tracks, will take you through the tunnel at Monarch Park.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte I plan to come out tonight unless there is a tornado heading our way. It looks nice right now! Cynthia

Trish said...

My plans include trying to make it out tonight. I have a weekends woth of food to walk off. I have to head up into the northern reaches of Scarborough to get some long outstanding paperwork completed. And this time it is not me who is behind. I will try and make it but don't hold up the group.

Anonymous said...

as long as it's not raining I'll be there too
Leverne

Eva said...

I will try to be there, but don't wait for me...