Tuesday 3 June 2008

Housekeeping stuff

We have a lot of June birthdays -- the first are Trish (tomorrow) and Susan (the day after). Was too quick with the publish finger yesterday. Please wish them joy on their special days.

Alfie Shrubb results now online here. Amazing job, everyone! You might notice I'm M.I.A. I might be that "unknown walker" at 5621 (was Sharon's number; mine had been 5612). Moral: always double-check your chip against your ID to be sure you are credited for your time.

Wow Powerwalking Summer Course: Lee Scott confirms there will likely be a Level 2 course in the Beach leading up to the Quebec Half. It's possible we could get a 6-week version, running mid-July to mid-August. All the walkers now taking the course will vouch for its effectiveness. In Mississauga, Stacey trimmed 20 minutes off her half-marathon time! Please let me know if you are interested.

Beaches Jazz Tune-Up: Bob & I have signed up for the 10K event, July 27th. Quebec trainees would do 11K that weekend anyway. The $20 fee all goes to charity (and we get a t-shirt and BBQ). Want to join us?

Volunteers needed: I'll need someone to do the blog while I'm in England. It's easy peasy -- all you need is a computer, Internet access and a few minutes three times a week. I'll show you how. Please also send me your name if you are interested in helping with the awards committee for our November party or the cocktail committee (yes, we are designing our own!),

No comments: