Saturday 14 June 2008

Walk: Mon. June 16 @ Loblaw's (and an invite)


If you're following the Quebec schedule, it's 6K Monday night, starting at 7 pm. (The Wow bunch will be in their second-last class.) If you travel via the western route below the tracks, the 6K turnaround is Hollywood & Gerrard. Have fun.

This is also to invite you to the official launch party for Shore Thing extraordinaire Jeannette Hanna. Her co-authored book Ikonica has just arrived on the shelves, and will soon be a Canadian business classic.

Click on the image for a larger, more legible view of the launch details -- including a peep of that familiar Tim's icon in the right eye of the field glasses. That's binoculars to you.

A few more little things:

For our Shore Things Directory, don't forget to send me your contact info -- or to let me know you're opting out. Knowing how to get in touch is handy if we ever have to cancel or confirm a walk due to iffy weather, or organize rides for events, or send a card... or drop off a batch of cookies. Notice how I slipped that in? I'll distribute the list privately before I head off "over the pond."

Last, but certainly not least: Happy Birthday to Rebecca (whom I think is training with JeansMarines this year), belated wishes to Frances -- and have a great one next week, Rainer! Happy Father's Day to our few good men. And Get Well Soon to our sidelined Things. We Shore miss you.

5 comments:

debbie said...

ATTENTION RUNNING ROOM SHOPPERS
-------------------------------
Hi all,

Some of you may know this already, but I just discovered that the breakfast cereal called Vector has a coupon on the box for 20% off anything at the Running Room.

Purchases must be $50 or more (is there anything in the store that isn't?), and offer expires September 7,2008.

The cereal box is dark blue, sells at most supermarkets, the coupon is advertised on the top front of the box and the coupon itself is on the side.

I saved a whack of money ($85!)because I just bought three pairs of the New Balance shoe I like that is being discontinued...I figured I might as well get them while they're still available.

Anyway, thought I'd pass this on.
The cereal itself costs about $5, and not being a cereal person, I haven't actually eaten any yet, but with my son Simon, 25, who basically survived on cereal while living on his own during university, I figure it'll get consumed pretty quickly when he drops by.
Just thought I'd onpass.

See you next Saturday!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I will be at Loblaw's at 7:00 tonight. Hope to see a few of you there.

Susan

P Dawn said...

I will not be at Loblaws tonight

Eva said...

I will be there if there is no hailstorm (currently it is raining hails in Pickering)...

Anonymous said...

If it's not raining I'll be there
Leverne