Saturday 17 May 2008

Walk: Victoria Day morning @ Tim's

A change of venue and of time so that we can enjoy the fireworks on Vicky Day evening.

See you at Tim Hortons on Lakeshore/Leslie at 9 am for an early start on your last day of the long weekend.

It's the first official walk of the Quebec Deux-Rives Half Marathon schedule. The schedule says 5K -- we might squeeze in 6K.

Note that there's still time to sign up for the Alfie Shrubb 8K on June 1st. It's the same course as last year; a there-and-back flanked by green fields. And race organizer Al Storie is deeply committed to making this one of the best races for walkers in the area. We have 25 from our group registered, and a brunch table reserved for post-race noshing. Look for the race link on our website.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm in - I missed Wed & Sat and I need a walk - I think I can manage 5-6K

Trish said...

I plan on being there too! I like that extra hour of sleep.