Thursday 22 May 2008

Walk: Sat. May 24 @ Tim's

The sun will be shining, we hear. So there's no reason to be daunted by the 5-6K distance. Please come out and join us at 8 am.

On Wednesday night, Jan & I were the only bravehearts to show up in the rain. I'll have you know, not only did we get wet (proof captured on the left by an itinerant shopper), we did intervals!

For those speedy souls champing at the bit on those shorter distances, intervals have been proven to be the most important part of your week's workout -- whether your goal is getting fit or getting slim, as this article from the Mayo Clinic discusses. You don't have to time your intervals if you haven't the equipment. Jan & I alternated fast and, well, less fast between stop signs on our return trek. It was 3K well spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say I will not walk this Saturday as parental duties call and I have to go the University of Waterloo open house.