Wednesday 7 May 2008

Walk: Sat. May 10 @ Tim's

No, it is not a picture of the new recycling bin. It is me in Wednesday's rain, modelling some fashionable attire (potentially) for Sunday's race. Trish, get out your dancin' feet. We need to hold back those clouds.

I can't speak for the other Mississauga-ers, but Bob & I won't be out on Saturday. However, you're sure to have company if the sun is shining. You know the turnarounds along the Boardwalk route by heart: 8K to the end of the boardwalk; 10K to the foot of Fallingbrook & Queen; 12K to the top of the hill at Kingston. Please be on the look out for a couple of new walkers from our Wow class.

Note to the Mississauga gang: we'll pick up the race kits on Friday night, not Saturday. Please send me your race confirmation/bib# and t-shirt size now, or I won't be able to do that for you. I can't guarantee we'll get the size you want, as t-shirts are on a first-come basis. But that's why we're heading out earlier.

To everyone else: Think of us on Mother's Day. Have a great day yourselves, if you're a Mum or Mom. And see you all next week (or Sunday, if you're hitching a ride).

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

Great new fashion, Helen!
I won't be at Tim's on Saturday as I'm going to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the weekend.
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, and to the Missisauga halfers, have a great race. I believe the weather is going to be good, so you may not have to follow with Helen's fashion.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you, Helen, Bob and all the Mississauga racers!!!!

Thank you so much for coming out to support us at the SL 10km on Sunday!

AND-Happy Mother's Day!

Best,

Julaine

Anonymous said...

Helen,
Nice attire!
Best of luck to you and Bob, and all the Mississauga walkers on Sunday; and a very Happy Mother's Day to all you Mums out there!
See you all soon, Olwyn

Eva said...

Helen,
you deserved a medal for being a very dedicated walker (and others who braved the rain yesterday)

To all walkers for Mississauga half, have a fabulous walk on Sunday.

Happy Mothers Day to all moms.

Trish said...

To all doing Mississauga - Enjoy your day. I remember it as a very interesting route with lots of good sights to keep your mind off the distance.
Happpy Mother's Day to all. Hope you have some time to sit back and relax.
See you all tomorrow morning at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

all the best to the Mississauga racers. will be cheering you on from my comfortable bed....

I'll see some of you on Sat morning.

Susan

Anonymous said...

To all doing the Mississauga 1/2, have a great day and I hope the sun shines for you! See the others Saturday morning. I will bring the sunglasses Laverne.