Thursday 24 April 2008

Walk: Sat. Apr. 26 @ Tim's

Let's pray for some of last Saturday's sunshine this weekend – as the Mississauga group will be doing their longest training walk, 18K, regardless of weather.

Those who do the full distance will get a special treat (as long as there are 9 of us or fewer). I won't say what it is, but it does involve cookies. Tempted?

See you at 8 am. Here's the route, with turn-backs for shorter distances:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/746609897

Reminder: Only one day left to sign up for the post-Sporting Life brunch by voting on our web site. Leverne has volunteered to reserve, and the sooner she knows the numbers the sooner you secure your table. You don't have to do the race to meet for brunch. The reservation will be for about 10:30 or 11 am -- to give everyone time to finish, catch up with each other, cue for medals (which took a while last year) and stroll over to Church & Front to The Hot House.

(While you're on the web site, sign up for the Alfie Shrubb brunch, too!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
I signed up, or didn't sign up for the post-race brunches, but in case I did it wrong....I won't be able to join the group after the Sporting Life 10k, as I have to work later that morning. I will be attending the Alfie Schrubb brunch with Steve; I tried to sign up for two of us, but I'm not sure I was successful.
I probably won't be out on Saturday morning, but hope to be out next Monday night.
And lastly, (but not leastly..) Happy Birthday Bob!
See you all soon,
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

sorry I won't be able to join you on Saturday morning as I have a workshop, but will be out on Monday. I will be making the reservation for the SL brunch on Monday 28th, so make sure you vote before that.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Saturday morning providing it is not raining. If it is raining I will be going to the gym. Hope to see you at Tim's.