Thursday 27 March 2008

Walk: Sat. Mar. 29 @ Tim's

Now the distances begin to stretch for the Mississauga crew: 13K. If we take the Spit, that's a stroll to the lighthouse at Vicki Keith Point and back via the outside road, properly called Tommy Thompson Park (when you turn left at the first fork in the road).

In case you've sped past it before, the pic is of the Vicki Keith commemorative plaque -- which shows, as if we didn't know, that girls are amazing creatures who can do amazing things.

For those looking for something shorter: for 6K, the fork in the road is the turnaround; for 8K, don't turn left at the fork but go straight along Leslie Street to the large rocks just before the bridge; for 10K, take Tommy Thompson Park till it begins to turn right around the pond (turn back at the "Do Not Pass"/60 road sign); or, continue till the two roads meet for 11K.

Note on the Chilly: I still have three bags in my car for people on my race-pack pickup list. If you did the race, let me know if you're missing one. I've also just written a follow-up note about t-shirts to Kelly Arnott. So, if she's back from vacation, we might have an update on that soon.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I will be out on Saturday. However I will only be doing 6 -8 if there is anyone else out there who is looking for a shorter distance.