Saturday 29 March 2008

Walk: Mon. Mar. 31 @ Loblaws

That's a thumbs-up from Marg in her first Saturday outing after December's tumble. Meanwhile, Rainer demonstrates what we all know, that behind a great woman is often a great man trying to keep up... (until they get that hip thing going, and then, Whoa!).

Please do a rain dance for Monday at 7 pm, when we have 8K scheduled and "They" have double-booked rain. Sprinkles won't stop us, but a solid downpour might. Please check in and be counted.

FYI, the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) has over-ruled the City's "No!" and is allowing an 18-acre Walmart to be built almost next door to Tim's between Lakeshore and Eastern. If you believe that this part of the city is not the right place for such a development, you might be interested in the petition campaign that is trying to get the Province to intervene.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan on being there unless it's pouring
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I do not plan to be there as I hope and expect it to be raining.
Cheers, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
Looks like I won't be out this week again, due to opera rehearsals and openings; and next week also. Possibly the week after; in the meantime, happy walking to all!
Olwyn

Helen said...

The weather on Breakfast Television this morning said there'd be clear skies when we're scheduled to walk. Let's see if they're right. I hope to be there.

Anonymous said...

I won't be there tonight, rain or shine! I probably won't be out for the next few Monday nights. Will login when I start doing them again.
Eileen

Trish said...

As we speak, I am already in my pj's and will probably be asleep shortly. See you Wed.

Anonymous said...

Any takers out there? Helen, are you going to brave the now downpour?

Helen said...

It's 5:35, and I think this transcends "sprinkles" and falls into the downpour category. Unless it seriously abates by 6:30, we will be staying home. Possibly firelogs will be involved.

Helen said...

Okay, the moist air wins. Hope no one took the plunge tonight!

Anonymous said...

Marg, Rainer and myself weathered the short walk tonight. Believe it or not is was not bad out! Hope to see you on Saturday.