Sunday 2 March 2008

NO Walk: Mon. March 3 -- so enjoy some Chilly/Frosty chillin'

We came, we saw, we walked up a storm! The sun was out, the roads were clear, and we all finished upright and smiling. As a result, we're free to rest on our, er, laurels... or any other part of our precious anatomy this Monday evening.

For those training for Mississauga, or training alongside them, we'll start up with a modified beginning of the posted schedule on Wednesday and/or Saturday.


The race results aren't yet posted as I write this. However, in a day or two you should be able to look for your time/pace, &c. here.

We do know a few results.

Our own Robert Pelletier came in first in his age category, with a chip time of 2:35 and change. Lynne and Leverne also completed their very first half marathon in excellent time -- Lynne just under and Leverne just over three hours. Barb's friend Jackie was also a first-time half marathoner with an excellent time. Way to go, everyone!


Two little snags: I'll write to Kelly Arnott, the race organizer, about the no-t-shirt issue. Hopefully, we can work something out. Also, next year, let's studiously avoid the shuttle buses! All in all, though, two wee annoyances weren't enough to spoil the race for anyone I spoke to.


On the plus side, the pasta dinner was excellent, great value and good speakers, and it introduced Bob and I to the highly recommended YoPro French Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, coming soon to a grocery store near you.

Though, maybe that's not a good thing.


As you can see by our picture badge, I've posted photos on our Flickr site. I'll put instructions for downloading on our private Google Groups page. If you also have pics, there are uploading instructions already posted on Google Groups. If you have questions or problems, contact me directly.

Thanks also to everyone who came out just to support us -- Sharon, Dawn and Margy & Rainer. To paraphrase Churchill, "They also serve who stand and cheer!" As the sign says, You rock, Shore Things! All of us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you.
I am still battling my virus...I missed not being with you all.
Norita.

Anonymous said...

Way to Go!!!! Welcome home intrepid friends. James and I are really really really proud of you. Hugs all around!!!

M. R-B

Anonymous said...

congratulations to all of you!
I'm recovering from a bad throat but hope to see you soon!
nishe

karin_rn said...

I'm so impressed with everyone, the pictures truly reflect our spirit, sorry I wasn't there.
yay gang.
Karin Smith

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all on your achievements! Sounds like it was a great occasion!